Position: Assistant Buyer Soft Wovens & Jersey
Opportunity to work with a fantastic premium Womenswear Brand going from strength to strength. We are are looking for dynamic individuals to join the Buying team. This is an amazing opportunity to work with beautiful, high quality product and be part of a growing business with an on-line presence & stores. The right candidates will have Ladieswear experience and will be able to support, deliver and trade product ranges, manage the critical path and product life cycle working effectively and efficiently to ensure a smooth and consistent running of the brand.
The position is hybrid Monday-Thursday in the office 9-5 and Fridays working from home.
- Assisting in seasonal range planning to create a new, exciting, and balanced soft wovens range alongside head of buying and buyer.
- Preparing and presenting weekly trade meetings, product reviews and sign off’s.
- Analyse weekly reports and work with merchandising to review risks and opportunities.
- Working with design team to help curate balanced ranges.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers, whilst working to meet and exceed target margin targets.
- Supporting and developing junior team members
- Ensure all administrative and systems are accurate and updated in a timely manner to ensure clear and consistent information.
- Working with cross functional partners to implement new ways of working to help drive top line sales.
- Managing the critical path, monitoring all orders from initial product development through to delivery, ensuring the smooth running of the development process, maintaining delivery schedules.
- Attend fit meetings with garment tech team, making suggestions on fit, styling, trims.
- Lab dip and trim approvals.
- High level of trend awareness for department and wider market
- Undertake competition shops to support the team in aligning the brand positioning with regards to changing market expectations
What you will be
- Self-motivated and dynamic self-starter
- Must be organised with great attention to detail and be able to work well within a fast-paced office environment.
- Passion for beautiful product and quality.
- Flexible and great team player
- Strong communicator and team leader
- Ambitious, conscientious, and able to work calmly under pressure.
- Collaborative, with strong interpersonal skills and team-orientation
- Good commercial and market awareness
- Competent numerical skills for negotiation and trading
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com with a covering letter and your CV. Only successful applicants will be contacted.