Position: Design Assistant
Reports to: Head of Design
Duration: Full Time
Hours: 5 Days a Week (but with some flexibility)
Location: Head Office – Shepherd’s Bush
WYSE London is going through a phase of growth and is looking for the best talent to join the exciting journey.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to support the growing Design team across all organisational and design development duties across the department. This job would suit a womenswear design graduate with a minimum of 1-2 years full time industry experience looking for an environment in which they could develop amongst a more experienced team. You will have ambitious aspirations of becoming a fully-fledged designer, but will equally appreciate and respect the knowledge and exposure you will gain by starting out in design assistant/admin focused role. There is opportunity for growth and development for the right candidate.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH EXAMPLES OF THEIR INDUSTRY WORK WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Contribute to the overall design and development of the collections across all departments.
- Follow the creative direction and requirements set out by the Founder of the brand alongside the Design director
- Liaise with factories and suppliers on a daily basis, ensuring smooth relationships.
- Responsible for archiving and filing prints, colours and fabric libraries.
- Research exciting emerging trends with a focus on our customer profile.
- Contribute towards mood, trend and colour boards in collaboration with the rest of the Design team.
- Updating range boards and charts.
- Proficient CAD skills for colouring-up sketches and print ideas.
- Ability to recolour print and do scales would be an advantage.
- Ability to produce detailed flat drawings.
- Support designers compiling spec packs.
- Assist on fabric selections with organization and pricing.
- Own colour chart and lab-dip organisation.
- Any duties required to support the design team in meeting their workload.
- Highly organised with a positive can do attitude.
Knowledge / Skills:
- A strong team player who is able to work across multiple product areas and to tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic, integrity and reliability with a hands-on attitude
- Broad industry and competitor awareness
- A love of fashion with an eye on new and emerging trends and brands
- Knowledge of garment construction and fitting
- Excellent Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent commercial handwriting with a strong eye for colour, proportion and detail
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com with a covering letter and your CV. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Back to the Careers Page